Careers at Ems Industrial
EMS Industrial, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer who supports affirmative action practices. Founded in 1935, the company has grown off of the core principal that everyone be treated as a customer, both internally and externally. We are in the business of going above and beyond, solving a key problem and putting the customer first. We are looking for forward thinking team members who want to be part of a growth focused, family run business.
Job Function –
Our Motor Repair Technicians help provide World Class Service to our customers throughout the United States by helping repair various mechanical and electrical equipment. The candidate would work in a state of the art motor repair facility.
Basic Skills –
- Read job cards to determine: job status, work authorizations/limitations,
estimate, description of problems, and/or expected serviceability.
- Test electromechanical equipment to troubleshoot known or suspected
problems using various methods (AC or DC).
- Disassemble electromechanical equipment noting parts identification,
configuration and condition.
- Clean electromechanical equipment assemblies as needed using various
methods and steps, including but not limited to: parts washers, steamers, caustic tanks, glass headers, etc.
- Measure for or note proper replacement parts. Correctly requisition needed
items from service center office, as approved by supervisor.
- Replace or repair worn or defective mechanical or electromechanical assemblies, including but not limited to: bearings, brushes, brush holders, motor leads, gears, seals, impellers, mechanical switches, brakes, clutches, clutch
rotors, tachs, fans, end shields, etc.
- Retest reassembled electromechanical equipment for proper output and
- Follow all EMS Industrial, Inc. safety policies and procedures
- Dependable candidate who possesses the ability to work independently
- Ability to learn new skills on the job
- Strong communication skills in working with team members from other departments
- Desire to be part of a growing company
Job Function –
Our Inside Sales Professionals have an exciting opportunity to take a bad situation and turn it into an outstanding situation. Our customers suffer when downtime hits and that is the primary responsibility of our inside sales professionals, to help service customers with passion and urgency so we resolve their issue immediately. We are looking for someone who exudes passion while doing so with positivity and urgency. If that sounds like you we would love to talk.
Basic Skills –
- Respond to incoming sales calls in a courteous and timely manner.
- Process customer orders, advising on product application, availability, correct part, catalog or issue number, shipping charges,’ and price.
- Contact vendors to determine product availability, application, price, shipping dates, and delivery charges.
- Understand pricing structures as well as various industry trends.
- Promote a professional company image through prompt, thorough, and courteous customer service.
- Attend company- or vendor/manufacturer-sponsored training seminars to improve product knowledge and/or job skills.
- Follow all EMS Industrial, Inc. safety policies and procedures.
- Ability to generate new business through relationship building, onsite visits.
- Industry and sales experienced preferred. (Electrical & Mechanical)
- Knowledge of Electric motors, Gear reducers, Belts, Sheaves, AC & DC Drives, Motor controls is preferred but not required.
- Strong communication skills in working with team members from other departments.
- Working knowledge of office technology, Phones, E-mail, Computers and ability to learn new software.