EMS was established in Madison in 1935 by Carl Sutherland Sr. and his wife Magda. They began the business by picking up electric motors from the customers with their own cars and repairing them in their first shop located on East Wilson Street.
We are still family owned-second generation and we have since grown to over 75 employees and four locations.
We are committed to providing excellent on-time and quality electric motor repair services, solutions and new products to our customers. We also offer engineering services, predictive maintenance services, compressor repair and service, on-site repairs and panel building services.